17-year-old upcoming music sensation Ameliarose has recently released her brand new single titled “Uneven”, & I have had the opportunity of interviewing this gifted musician about her latest single, along with getting to know more about the artist herself..
1) Hey Ameliarose! Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview. Can you start by telling the readers about yourself?
I am a seventeen year old songwriter from New York hoping to write songs that inspire other people and help them get through life feeling less alone. I think music is the greatest way to reach people and make an impact on the world!
2) When did you first discover your love for music?
I grew up surrounded by music because both of my parents had a passion for music. I used to write songs about saving the environment, and protecting endangered species when I was really little. So, I think it was always inevitable that I would decide to pursue music as a career.
3) When did you first realize that music was a career that you wanted to pursue?
I’ve always been super drawn to music, but whenever I sing in front of a crowd, whether it be for 10 people or 1000 people, I feel ultimately connected to the music, and its that feeling that makes me want to be a musician for the rest of my life.
4) How would you describe your musical style to someone who isn’t familiar with your work?
I would consider it to be alternative pop! More specifically “dream pop” with many vintage styled harmonies in some songs!
5) You recently appeared on Season 2 of ABC’s American Idol. How would you describe your experience being on the show?
It was such an amazing learning experience. I learned so much about myself as an artist and what I needed to work on to improve my music!
6) What advice would you give to anyone looking to apply for the show?
I would say just to have fun! Don’t put so much stress on it. Being on those competition shows isn’t the only way into the music business. Its helpful for some people, but discouraging to others sometimes. So, I would tell anyone auditioning for the show to just have fun and be yourself! Its an amazing experience!
7) You recently announced that there is a new single in the works. Can you tell us what we can expect from this upcoming release?
My latest single is “Uneven”. It is about being in a relationship where each person’s feelings are clearly imbalanced and therefore uneven. It is ruining the relationship, and it hurts both the people involved. The theme of the song is really tenseness and discomfort, which I hoped to convey in the song!
My next single is called “Relax”, and along with many other things, it reflects a bit of my experience on American Idol – meeting a ton of new people who are insanely talented, and feeling like I may have lost a part of myself because of getting wrapped up in the superficial elements of the show. This song is definitely one of the ones I’m most proud of! I got to work with an amazing musician named Chris Pennie from The Dillinger Escape Plan and Coheed and Cambria, and he helped all my visions for this song become a reality!
8) Could we maybe see an album following in the near future?
Possibly! All I’m going to say is to keep an eye out during fall/winter 2019!
9) What do you like to get up to when you are not performing? Any hobbies?
Music really is all-consuming in my life, so I honestly don’t really do much else! I do love theater and acting though!
10) What song do you always keep on your playlist & why?
I’ve been obsessed with Jeff Buckley for the past few months, so anything off of his album “Grace” I probably listen to at least once a day! My favorite song of his is “Lilac Wine”.
11) If you could duet with any musician, who would it be & why?
I’d love to duet with Connor Mason from the band Nothing But Thieves. They’re one of my favorite bands of all time and I’ve been harmonizing to his songs for years!
12) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d love to visit Lithuania someday, because it’s where my dad’s family is from. It looks so beautiful there and I’d love to experience it first hand!
13) If you had not pursued a career in music, what career do you think you would have followed?
I probably would have wanted to be some sort of environmental activist/inventor or something. I’ve always been super passionate about the health of our earth and when I was younger I used to imagine all sorts of different ways we could save the planet. I am actually vegan and hope that I am helping the planet because of it, even if in just a small way.
14) Finally, is there a message you would like to give to the readers of Fierce & Fabulous Revolution?
Please check out my Instagram @whoisameliarose and be on the lookout for lots of new music coming soon!
You can check out more about Ameliarose via the links below.
Official Website: https://www.ameliaroseallen.com/